We all love it when the scale shows a lower number, I mean, who doesn’t but there are other motivators besides the scale that can help us in our weight-loss journey… In the end… we have to learn that making the right choices will take us where we want to go and many times the scale will not reflect immediate results! Do not get discouraged! Every change you are making in your diet and exercise is meaningful and serves a purpose in your walk towards getting healthier! So… when we don’t have the scale to encourage us (either because we had a bad day, or there are weird hormonal changes going on) I’ve found that there are wonderful people who actually CARE FOR YOU and are willing to give their time, words of advice and cheer you all the way until you get there!
I can’t even put in words how thankful I am to those people for being there, sharing their experiences and struggles too! or even for just reading my blog and “liking” whatever random thing I say!
Many people may laugh at a “blog award” like… “come on! who gave you that! You know it’s not a real award, right?” But for me… especially this time around it means a lot… And this is the award I received:
“The Sunshine Award”
And I was nominated by my friend: Towards Healthy Life , she’s been a great support in this journey and I appreciate the fact that she thought of me to “give me this award” … This award is meant to be given to people who are encouraging and somehow they are like “sunshine” for you 🙂 … so you can imagine how honored I feel… I am also supposed to answer some questions to “officially receive my award”
So … here we go:
- My favorite number: It depends, I have several, I guess my favorite number changes each day because it’s “the days I’ve spent with my hubby” “the days of life of my girls” etc… but if I could just say “a random number I like” I guess it’s 23 and I don’t even know why!
- My favorite animal: I love Koala Bears, so cute! (dangerous too! LOL!) but I think they look so beautiful.
- My favorite non-alcoholic drink: water, always water… and coffee. ( I don’t drink alcohol anyway)
- Facebook or twitter: Facebook, for sure.
- My passion: Food, photography and music.
- Prefer giving or getting present: who doesn’t like to receive a present? But I think giving is better because not only means you had “a thing to give” but it also means you have a special person to give it to.
- My favorite pattern: I don’t even think I have one.
- My favorite day of the week: I love it whenever hubby is off from work! but there is no day I dislike! even Monday is a good one for me!
- My favorite flower: Wild flowers, I like them all! I love dahlias too!
- My favorite color: I love aqua… and purple…
So now I have to nominate others to receive this same Award… I am afraid one of the people I would nominate has already received this same Award and that’s my friend Shadowrun can you imagine if she had to do this every time she receives it? LOL! I am sure many others who know her would think she is a perfect fit for this award.
So instead of nominating others to receive this Award I am just going to say the names of the people who HAVE BEEN like sunshine in my “blogging and weightloss journey” and who have encouraged me one way or another with their comments, etc.
And those people would be:
Of course the person who gave me the award… Towards Healthy Life
The one I already mentioned should get it too: Shadowrun
My friend Dave who is counting calories and fighting the extra-pounds too!
and Janet who is also battling against obesity (and winning!!!)
I haven’t been blogging about this all for a long time… and before I started doing so I was actually a little afraid of the comments I could receive from others, afraid of the thoughts and judgment over my fat body! But I’ve only found love, understanding and support and I am so happy to be here with others who know what is like to do this! (and to do it again! and again!)
Thank you all!
The Thin Lady Inside